Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year Everyone!

I thought it would be nice if I started out the new year by actually updating my blog.  2009 has turned out to be an interesting year for our family.  A lot of challenges and A LOT of changes.  Jeff was laid off again thanks to this lovely economy with no work in sight at a reasonable wage.  So we made the decision for him to go back to school and for me to go back to work full time.  It hasn't been easy but we have both learned a lot from our new roles.  I've learned how stressful it can be to be the sole provider of a family.  Frankly I don't know how you single Mother's do it!  Jeff has learned that running a household and taking care of children is a lot of work too!
This year my new years resolution is to be more grateful, even for the little things.  I am grateful I have a roof over my head, clothes to wear, food to eat and two cars that are paid for.  Most people are struggling to have that even.  We are very blessed.  I have a great job with benefits and a lot of people are still looking for work.  We may not have a big house and fancy cars and designer clothing, but the important things in life, frankly, aren't things.  We have each other, we have our beautiful children, we have our faith and we have our friends.  That makes us rich in my book!

No comments: